BELVIDERE: Be authentic and build relationships with potential customers were the two take home messages from the latest Women in Business Regional Network dinner for Strathalbyn which had a focus on social media.
Strathalbyn’s Sonya Lorenz of Metal & Stone Jewellers was the speaker for the dinner which was held at Oasis Gardens Restaurant and Function Centre. It was the first Strathalbyn in-person event since COVID-19.
Sonya has built a loyal and growing social media following for their jewellery business including customers not only locally but statewide, interstate and even overseas.
The presentation focused on Facebook and how to build an audience while spending very little, or nothing at all.
Sonya said it was important to engage with our social media audience in a friendly and approachable way, being authentic to our brands and ourselves. She emphasised that social media was “social”, so it was important to interact with others in a social manner online, offering help where you can while also promoting your business.
The event had one of the strongest attendances with businesswomen travelling from the Adelaide Hills and Goolwa, as well as the Strathalbyn area, to be involved and to reconnect with other women in business.
Some of the content ideas Sonya suggested included:
- Introduce yourself and team members to your audience with a photo or video
- Tell a story that connects to your purpose
- Share something educational, a ‘How-to’.
- Share something ‘Transformational’ ‘Before & After’.
- How you got started in business and where you are now.
- Share behind the scenes activities
- Share what you are doing to support your local community.
- Share an inspirational quote.
- Share customer reviews/testimonials
- Do a Facebook Live video
For members, a copy of Sonya’s slideshow can be found in the Members Only section of the website.
The next Strathalbyn dinner will be held on Thursday, September 17 with further details yet to be announced. Bookings will be via Eventbrite.com.au.