The Women in Business Regional Network has a range of different health-related businesses with founders having a mission to help others deal with a range of health issues, both physically and mentally.
Among the first members to join us from the Riverland is Jo-anne Cain of Soul Essence ~ Therapy & Life Coaching who specialises in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) to assist her clients.
Find out more about Jo-anne in her profile below:
Name: Jo-anne Cain
Business: Soul Essence ~ Therapy & Life Coaching
Address: 11a White St, Waikerie
What does your business do? My business specialises in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) which is an alternative to traditional counselling. Sessions suitable for addressing stress, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, chronic pain and health conditions, goal setting and planning your future. First 30 minute appointment, to discuss how I work and how I can help you, is free.
Soul Essence also offers meditation classes and workshops in Reiki, crystals and vision boards. These are held in a safe space with like-minded people where you can grow and learn, be empowered and discover your true potential.
What area do you serve? Currently working from Waikerie with Skype sessions also available
How long have you been in business? I founded the business in 2017.
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Studied a Diploma in Community Welfare – Counselling, approx. 15 years ago which led to a Bachelor of Social Work (studied externally part-time while still working full time). This took 10 years, finally finished November 2018 and graduated April 2019
- Discovered NLP by accident in 2016, completed Practitioner level that year, (best thing that has happened to me career wise)
- Completed Master Practitioner in March 2017
- Began business 25th April 2017
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey
- There is no failure, only feedback.
- There is a reason for every human behaviour
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? Support in the areas I know nothing about, e.g. best book-keeping program, building a better website, marketing, how to survive the workload and make this work!!!!