Meet our first foundation member from Willunga, Jacqui Good of Thistle Be Good.
Business Name: Thistle Be Good
Phone: 0412 182 365
Address: 6c High Street, Willunga (kitchen)
What does your business do? We make meal times easier! We make a range of ready-to-cook flavoured meals, including risottos, quinoas, couscous and various ancient grains. We are also one of the biggest and longest established dukkah producers in Australia.
What area do you serve? We sell nationally throughout Australia via distributors, who then sell into stores and we export to Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai. We also sell larger sizes to food service distributors who then sell to people who feed people, such as hotels, cafes, schools, hospitals etc.
How long have you been in business? 18 years
Did you found the business? Yes
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Turned a love of good clean food into a business;
- Learned that fast growth can almost be the death of a small business;
- Know that you must consistently provide the best service possible to keep loyal customers
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey:
- Get out there! This can be tricky for an extroverted introvert like me but it always pays off to network.
- Behave like you’re ‘making it’, even if you’re not fully there yet.
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? Networking locally with women; how could I resist?