When you’re the only woman in a business of nine men, you can understand the need to get out and join a network of women in business. And so it was for Jodi Van Der Linden of Southern Classics and Customs at Seaford.
The following is her profile:
Name: Jodi Van Der Linden
Business Name: Southern Classics and Customs
Phone: 0423 389 091
Address: Units 5-7/14 Farrow Circuit, Seaford SA 5169
What does your business do? Classic, Vintage and Muscle Automotive Restoration
What area do you serve? Australia wide
How long have you been in business? Nine years in July 2019.
Did you found the business? Yes with my husband Adam
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Previously worked in retail management and am still a casual swimming instructor.
- Decision made to found an auto restoration business in 2010 as husband Adam had worked within the crash repair industry for 17 years while following his restoration passion working every weekend.
- Had to learn fast and have completed courses in OHS and a short course in small business management.
- Now have a team of 10.
- We hold charity events onsite biennially and show our clients vehicles in several states every year.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey
- That the people around you can make or break your business, support is everything.
- It is important to find a way to separate from business occasionally or you will burn out.
Why did you join the Women in Business Network?
I work in a male dominated industry in an all-male workplace. While they are wonderful, it would be nice to chat with like-minded women.