Meet Julie Dunlap, one of our foundation members, who is the founder, owner and operator of Marketing Works based in Strathalbyn.
Business name: Marketing Works
Phone: 0428 654 539
What does your business do?: We solve business problems, by making marketing work for their business.
What area do you serve? Anywhere
How long have you been in business? Couple of months
Did you found the business? Yes
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey (eg you might include your pre-business background)
1. My journey began when I was the Senior Producer at WIN TV, and then moved into promotions at Channel 9 in Sydney.
2. I moved to Toowoomba and took up a role as Sales and Marketing Manager, which is where I honed my sales skills and developed my press and outdoor marketing skills and learnt to be a graphic designer.
3. Moved to South Australia, grew my expertise in social media and content management.
4. I decided to take a leap and start my own business, after many people asked me to help them with their business.
5. Thanks to my clients who have given me the freedom to pursue my dream – and help them at the same time.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey: That I can function on a lot less sleep than I thought, and that women in business are wonderful and supportive of others who are starting out, and that learning new skills is exciting!
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To meet like-minded women, to learn from others who have successfully started a business, to share my experience and knowledge with others.
Find Julie on: LinkedIn