Meet Julie Irwin, the founder and owner of Encounter Business Management in Victor Harbor.
Name: Julie Irwin
Business: Encounter Business Management
Phone: 0409 080 051
Location: Victor Harbor
What does your business do? Provides business support services including but not limited to social media content and analysis, book keeping, payroll, filing, data entry. Setting up Xero, setting up systems to help with making business more efficient and improve time management and work life balance.
What area do you serve? Victor Harbor, Middleton and Goolwa, but would consider other areas.
How long have you been in business? Encounter Business Management is a new business, but I was previously in my own business 25 years.
Did you found the business? Yes
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Previous franchisee with Video Ezy 25 years.
- Staff training in day to day operations of running a small business.
- State Business Development Manager Franchise Entertainment Group.
- National Trainer of business owners to young team members, training on compliance, time management, policies and procedures, WHS, HR, best practise.
- Book keeping and how to use and understand reporting. Help with marketing strategies and implementing store systems.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey:
- Plan and prepare, use data to help make decisions.
- Ask for assistance and support if you don’t know something; you can’t be across everything.
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? For support and I enjoy being around like minded people. I think it is important for women to supportive of each other and take a stand alongside each other.