Valda Cooper likes to call their Moonta Bay Accommodation ‘A little touch of Moontaradise’. And with 2 cottages, 3 cabins and a holiday house situated on over 3100m2 you can see why.
Read more about Valda in the profile below:
Name: Valda Cooper
Business Name: Moonta Bay Accommodation
Phone Number: 08 8825 3703
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: https://moontabayaccommodation.com/
Physical address: 113 Bay Road Moonta Bay SA 5558
What does your business do? We’re a small accommodation business, Moonta Bay Accommodation. We like to call it ‘A Little touch of Moontaradise’. Our accommodation reflects our country and coast heritage. Our cabins, cottages and holiday house are surrounded by plenty of space to park your vehicle and your boat, there’s a separate fish cleaning bay, relaxing undercover BBQ and meeting area and it’s just 800m to the beach, restaurants and water park. No need to be cramped with wall to wall cabins and people here. With just 2 cottages, 3 cabins and a holiday house situated on over 3100m2 allotment you can stop and breath, smell the fresh sea air and enjoy the lifestyle of country and coast. Moonta Bay Accommodation provides a relaxed and charming setting for your beach getaway, fishing or golfing trip, family and friends gathering or work requirement.
How long have you been in business? We opened Moonta Bay Accommodation in August 2015.
Did you found the business? The property had been closed for about 2 years prior to us purchasing it.
Please provide up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Commenced my undergraduate degree, Bachelor of Business Studies, in 1996 as a mature age student while working full time and with kids at home.
- Worked for News Limited in Darwin for 13 years between 1987 and 2001 in Credit Management & Management Accounting ultimately being appointed to the position of Administration Accountant.
- Co-founded the NT Division of the Australian Institute of Credit Management and implemented the first Affirmative Action program at the NT News for the NT group of newspapers.
- Worked at 3 regional Councils in SA between 2001 and 2006 in both Accountant and Director of Corporate Services roles.
- Purchased our first Motel in Hamilton Victoria in 2006, a 2nd in 2010 finally moving to Moonta Bay in semi retirement in 2015 and finding Moonta Bay Accommodation as a potential business to re-start and grow as a small budget styled get-away.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- Invest time and resources and continue to learn.
- Plan to succeed.
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To network, meet like minded women, be part of a group that is active in exchange of information to assist growth and sustainability in start up or existing businesses.
Moonta Bay Accommodation