Meet Wendy James, the Victor Harbor franchisee for mobile travel agency Kaleidoscopic Travel. Wendy services the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Name: Wendy James
Business name: Kaleidoscopic Travel
Phone: 0431 907 326
Location: Victor Harbor
What does your business do? Mobile service providing all the services of a travel agent.
What area do you serve? Fleurieu Peninsula of South Australia.
How long have you been in business? 15 months
Did you found the business? No. I am a franchisee
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- I worked as a public servant for 18 years in various areas of State Government in the South East and Fleurieu Peninsula, after completing a contract to educate the Fleurieu on how to effectively and safely use the Internet I accepted a separation package and began in an industry I have always had a passion for.
- I began with Flight Centre in 2006 at Colonnades, progressed to Manager in Victor Harbor then moved to Phil Hoffmann Travel for 7 years as a consultant then Assistant Manager until changing to part-time.
- To be more available to assist my husband in his window cleaning business I took the plunge in September 2017 to go out as a mobile travel agent with Kaleidoscopic Travel.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey:
- You need to do something you are passionate about.
- Taking a chance by jumping out of your comfort zone could be the best thing you ever do
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To meet like-minded people, expand my contacts locally and gain new friendships.
Relevant social media links: