Amid the challenges of COVID-19 not many of us think to go out on your own and establish a business, but that’s exactly what happened for Belinda Cardall of Cardall Conveyancers.
Having worked for a conveyancing for almost 10 years Belinda decided in March 2020 to step out and establish her own practice.
Find out more about Belinda and her journey in her profile below:
Name: Belinda Cardall
Business Name: Cardall Conveyancers
Address: 37 Victoria Street, Victor Harbor SA 5211
Phone: 0419 747 435
What does your business do? Conveyancing. And we serve all clients dealing with property in South Australia, regardless of their own location.
How long have you been in business? Cardall Conveyancers began on 27th March 2020. I was previously employed at Eckermann Conveyancers. I have been practicing conveyancing for almost 10 years, much of this time was spent with Eckermann Conveyancers
Please provide up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- My most recent role at Eckermann Conveyancers was managing a number of regional teams which limited my opportunities to work directly with clients and the local community of Victor Harbor/Fleurieu region.
- I am very excited to be directly involved again with clients and referrers managing conveyancing files and learning new skills to start a new business.
- My 17 year old son and I moved to Encounter Bay over five years ago and love it! I feel very lucky to live and work in such a beautiful location.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- To be patient – to know that good things don’t happen immediately. It takes time, patience and hard work.
- There is so much help and support available in the local community, particularly at such a difficult time, people really make an effort to rally around each other and provide support.
Why did you join the Women in Business Regional Network? To be more involved with and supportive to other local businesses. To share experiences, knowledge and make friendships.