After noticing a gap in the market, Deani Edwards took the opportunity and started offering mobile beauty therapy to help people who couldn’t get to her salon. Her business SOMA Health and Beauty in McCracken, specialises in certified organic, natural luxurious skin care and body products and has a strong focus on treating the older members of the community, disabled and stay at home mothers. Read more about Deani and her business:
Name: Deani Edwards
Business Name: SOMA health & beauty
Phone Number: 0458030056
Email address: email@example.com
Website address: www.facebook.com/somahealthandbeauty
Physical address: 83 Cudmore Road McCracken
What does your business do? SOMA health & beauty is a peaceful home based salon specializing in certified organic, natural luxurious skin care and body products. Here at SOMA we offer a wide variety of beauty therapy treatments including manicures, pedicures, organic tanning, lash treatments, brow care , massage and personalized facials and spa body treatments to suit your specific needs. SOMA health & beauty is the proud owner of Land Of Lilly Natural Skin Care, a gorgeous organic vegan skin care range made with love right here in Victor Harbor mobile services are available
What area do you serve? Goolwa to Victor Harbor & surrounding areas
How long have you been in business? 6 years
Did you found the business? yes
Please provide some dot points about your business journey:
- Started SOMA by accident after being offered a job massaging the carers at Fleurieu Health Service.
- After noticing a gap in the market I started doing mobile beauty therapy to help service those that were unable to get to the salon. SOMA had a strong focus on treating the older members of the community, disabled and stay at home mothers.
- After a few years working in some of South Australia’s best spas and salons I wanted to quit working for someone else and focus solely on SOMA proving my clients with a wide range of treatments and spa products.
- In 2018 I had the honour and pleasure of taking over the gorgeous skin care brand Land Of Lilly Natural Skincare, an organic skincare range started in 2010 in the Adelaide Hills.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- how to ask for help
- to have more self confidence
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? I wanted to network with some other like minded boss babes.