For most of us the thought of losing the love of our life, let alone the main person behind a business would be enough to send us over the edge and to close the doors … but not Pat Hobson from Classic Performance Dyno Centre.
Pat has thrown herself into the business that she and her late husband built up during the past 11 years.
Read her amazing profile below:
Name: Pat Hobson
Business Name: Classic Performance Dyno Centre
Phone: 8384 2899
Address: 33 Chapman Rd, Hackham
What does your business do? Classic Performance Dyno Centre was established in 2008 by my late husband Ashley & myself. We installed an All-Wheel Drive Dynamometer, which, according to Wikipedia is “A dynamometer or “dyno” for short, is a device for simultaneously measuring the torque and rotational speed (RPM) of an engine or motor so that its instantaneous power may be calculated, and displayed as Kilowatts or Brake Horse Power”. Essentially, this equipment allows us to diagnose issues with your car, test current power output and retune if necessary (or desired) for increased power, torque and/or economy and after other performance modifications. Traditionally we have offered a large range of services, including: Servicing on all makes and models, Performance Upgrades, Dyno Tuning, ECU and Carburettor Systems, Suspension, Brakes, Tyres, Turbo/Supercharger Installs, Custom Exhaust Systems, Engine Conversions, Custom Fabrication, Vehicle Engineering and more.
When Ashley passed away last year I decided to continue with the business. We hired another experienced technician and decided to utilize our current skill sets by including more servicing of every-day drive cars and repairs, performance upgrades, tuning and servicing of 4WD, light commercial & other diesel vehicles.
With a woman now at the helm we are currently promoting our business as “female friendly” which essentially means that, as a woman owner/driver, you will be treated with respect, honesty and transparency. We also offer courtesy transport within 10 km so that your vehicle can be dropped off in the morning and we will drive you to work, home or shops while your car is being serviced or repaired.
What area do you serve? Mainly Southern Suburbs but have customers from all over Adelaide.
How long have you been in business? Since 2008.
Did you found the business? My late husband and I founded the business together. When he passed away last year I couldn’t bear for all our hard work and our wonderful, loyal employees to be lost, so I decided to capitalise on our strengths and keep it going.
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- I was a full time bank employee from the age of 17 until 2015, working in branches until 2001 and then in a call centre where I was involved mainly with Home & Contents Insurance & Home Loans.
- 2015 I “retired” from banking to assist with elderly parents and our business.
- 2016 I commenced a Cert IV in Bookkeeping/Accounting and Cert IV in Workplace Health and Safety so that I could be more useful to the business and ensure our compliance with accounting, industrial relations, HR and safety regulations.
- 2017 I passed both courses with distinctions and I commenced work on our IR compliance, Health and Safety Processes & Procedures, Employee Policy and Procedures, Mission Statement and Code of Conduct documents.
- Since September 2018 I’ve been trying to learn to live a meaningful single life without my darling husband, my best friend, my rock.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey
- Only two! I’ve learned that I knew more about being a leader than I had ever given myself credit for;
- I have taught myself the basics of doing Facebook and Google ads!
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? Essentially to network with other women in business and learn from their experience, particularly if working in a traditionally male-dominated industry but also to make new friends and socialise with a group of intelligent and like-minded people.