Rosie Fisher of Strathalbyn’s Angas Framing & Design is the lady to see if you need your precious artworks and awards framed and cared for.
Rosie is one of the growing number of members from the Strathalbyn area. Read her profile below:
Name: Rosie Fisher
Business Name: Angas Framing & Design
Phone: 0419 881 008
Address: 28 West Terrace, (PO Box 661) Strathalbyn 5255
About your business: Angas Framing & Design was established by Rosie Fisher in 2011 and has been providing quality custom picture framing in Strathalbyn for the past eight years. Servicing mainly the Adelaide Hills & Fleurieu, Rosie frames canvas & needleworks, photographs, certificates, original artworks, mosaics, jigsaws, sports & other memorabilia, kids’ art, prints, posters and more. She works to design and create a quality framing package for the customer’s special item; one that will complement the artwork, appeal to the customer’s sense of colour and taste, match the décor in their home and fit their budget. Her highest priority is to protect the artwork and provide the best possible framing package to ensure the customer has a lasting memory. Rosie specialises in conservation framing using acid & lignin-free papers, boards, tapes and specialist techniques. She offers a large range of quality matboards, mouldings and glazings to choose from and will discuss design and price options with customers before providing an obligation-free quote. Angas Framing & Design is a home-based business and open most weekdays but if travelling from outside Strathalbyn, it is recommended to phone first. Angas Framing is a member of the Picture Framers Guild of Australia and the Professional Picture Framers Assoc.
Up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- During 1980s, established and ran (with partner) a bicycle hire and tours business for approx. 5 years
- Previous education/employment in youth and community sectors, admin, adult education and libraries
- After being interested in picture framing for many years, decided to undertake training and establish own business
- Trained with “The Framing School” in NSW in 2011 and then set up the business from home
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey:
- Quality customer service is essential as it results in repeat jobs & referrals and customers will travel if they know you provide a high quality product.
- Honesty, integrity and professionalism are critical.
Why did you join the Women in Business Network?
- To meet other business women in the town and region, gain and share information.