Sandra Carruthers pursued her dream of developing her own natural skin care brand. One year on, she knows it’s not as easy as the professionals make it out to be but her business Karku Natural Skin Care produces nourishing Australian made natural products with recyclable packaging. Read more about Sandra and her business:
Name: Sandra Carruthers
Business Name: Karku Natural Skin Care
Phone Number: 0468 439 587
Website address: https://karku.com.au/
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical address: 15 Jacobs Street Nuriootpa SA 5355
What does your business do? Karku Natural Skin Care is a luxurious Australian made and owned skin care range. It began with a desire to find the finest pure essential oils and native botanicals to suit my delicate, reactive skin type. Free from parabens and harsh chemicals it is produced in a small boutique laboratory that meets Australia’s strict standards of health and safety. Our products and packaging are Eco friendly and sustainable.
What area do you serve? Australia wide
How long have you been in business? One year
Did you found the business? yes
Tell us about your business journey:
- Owned and operated a successful cafe in Tanunda SA for 12 years.
- Always been passionate about finding a skincare product that suits reactive, sensitive skin types.
- Love the idea of having my own brand.
- Now retired I have the time to pursue my dream.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- It is not as easy as the professionals make it out to be.
- You may have the ideas but you need help with your journey to make it a reality
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To be in a group of women on the same or similar journey as myself and to gain knowledge and support and hopefully bring my life experience to the group.