By leaving an unhealthy marriage, Sue Shaw enabled herself to fulfill her dream of owning her own business – a wellbeing centre. Incorporated under one umbrella, Hallett Cove based ESP Event Management creates events that focus on health and wellness improvement. But Sue doesn’t stop there. Read on to find out more about Sue and her businesses …
Name: Sue Shaw
Business Name: ESP Event Management
Phone Number: 0421 915 591
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical address: 23 Kurnabinna Terrace, Hallett Cove, SA, 5158
What does your business do? ESP Event Management creates fun, inspiring, and empowering events that focus on improving health and wellness, bringing the community together and increasing awareness of natural and alternative options to assist in living a balanced, healthy and abundant life. We offer Corporate Wellness Coaching Programs and unique Workshops catering to small and large businesses to help them develop a culture of appreciation, respect, belonging, and trust between staff and management. We run SA’s favourite health and well-being festival, Enlighten Adelaide, which started in 2010 and it’s smaller ‘sister’ version, the Riverland Wellness Festival, which is held in Renmark annually. In 2019 we expanded to create Enlighten Tribe, a global conscious community of heart-centred people supporting each other, building each other up and making a difference in the world through leading by example. Incorporated under the ESP Event Management umbrella is owner Sue Shaw’s Centre for Health & Wellbeing, Shara Sanctuary & Retreat, where Sue offers one-on-one healing treatments, workshops, day retreats, and meditations, based in Hallett Cove.
What area do you serve? Wellbeing Centre and office is in Hallett Cove but we facilitate events all over SA.
How long have you been in business? July 2010
Did you found the business? Yes
Please provide up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Over 26 years experience working in the corporate and not-for-profit sector in event management, media, marketing, advertising and sponsorship roles.
- Reached a turning point when I left corporate to start my own business.
- Was in an unhealthy marriage which I had to leave in order to fulfill my dream of owning my own business and opening a wellbeing centre.
- All the past experience, qualifications and further education have brought to me to where I am today.
- Stepping into self awareness and self development on a spiritual level opened me up to a whole new world of possibilities, hence the opening of my Retreat Centre.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- Be impeccable with your word.
- It’s ok to ask for help, it’s not a sign of weakness!
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To network with other business women and feel supported.