Cheryl Cox is pretty unique in that she gets a big kick out of interpreting and applying tax legislation but surprisingly it’s not for everyone! Cheryl is one of the team of H.U. Partners and has been an Accountant since in her early 20’s. Read more about Cheryl:
Name: Cheryl Cox
Business Name: H.U. Partners
Phone Number: Office 1300 242 001 or Mobile 0405 410 413
Website address: www.hupartners.com.au
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical address: 2/370 Main South Road, Morphett Vale SA 5162
What does your business do? We are a full service Accountancy Firm who seek to help clients find better ways of doing business. We are a small firm with a diverse skill base which allows us to provide a level of advice that exceeds the expectations of a small firm. This allows us to work with businesses of a wide range of sizes and complexities. Within the Firm I specialise in Specialist Taxation Advice, Small Businesses and Self Managed Superannuation Funds.
What area do you serve? Adelaide and in particular the Fleurieu Peninsula
How long have you been in business? Started my journey as an Accountant 18 years ago and became a Partner in my Firm in 2019.
Did you found the business? Joined as a Partner in 2019
Please provide up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Started as an Accountant before reaching my 20s.
- Experience working in mid-tier accounting firms in Adelaide before joining as a Partner in my current firm.
- I love interpreting and applying tax legislation and it turns out not everyone gets the same kick out of it I do!
- Mother to two children, growing up fast and now 10 and 8
- Moving into the next career phase of developing the next generation of accountants
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- There is never a destination and everything is always moving or changing and you need to be doing so with it (whether it be personal, business, legislative or COVID)
- Creating a job position and employing a person is one of the most rewarding experiences of my lifetime
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To meet and form connections with other women in business and to be able to share my unique love of tax law with others.