COVID-19 may have put a halt on our plans to launch a chapter in the Clare Valley, but that didn’t stop Nan Berrett from signing up as our first member from that region. Nan operates a media and marketing consultancy and is passionate about supporting older women wishing to enter the business world.
Name: Nan Berrett
Business name: Word Solutions
Phone: 0400 742 692
Location: Clare Valley South Australia
What does your business do? Media and Marketing consultancy, creating business visibility for small business and regional local government as well as mentoring and coaching small and emerging business owners to help them create and manage their enterprises. I also provide training in social media for business, particularly Facebook, write grants, edit and offer other supporting services including content for websites, brochures, newsletter, media releases and the like. My passion is supporting older women looking to enter the small business arena later in life and help them define their skills and offerings. I have also worked with small community business sectors on shop local and activation campaigns.
What area do you serve? Australia
How long have you been in business? Eight years
Please provide up to 5 dot points about your business journey:
- Former rural journalist for 24 years.
- Began my business Word Solutions when I ‘retired’ from the newspaper industry.
- Grew my business over eight years.
- Now support small business owners, new business enterprises and regional local government with a variety of media and marketing, coaching and training.
Name two things you’ve learned from your business journey?
- You are never too old to do something new.
- There is plenty of help out there for everyone – providing you know where to look!
Why did you join the Women in Business Network? To connect and network with other women in business. Working from home can be an isolated life.