Membership of the Women in Business Regional Network is open to all women in business in regional areas – owners, managers or those thinking of starting a business.
Anyone wishing to be considered for membership must complete a Membership Application form.
Unlike many business organisations you will never be asked to sit on a board; although we would love to continually receive feedback from you on your wants and needs in terms of assisting you with your business journey.
We will never require you to volunteer your time for fundraising or the like, although we may from time to time assist worthy causes.
Foundation members: Foundation membership was offered for our first 100 members. This option has now closed. Foundation members will ALWAYS be entitled to receive their annual membership at a 20% discount on the General Membership while they maintain continuous membership. Should membership fall into arrears or lapse this discount will no longer apply.
The management of Women in Business Regional Network reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member if they fail to meet the criteria outlined in the “Members are expected to” section below.
Women in Business Regional Network will make every effort to ensure it delivers email notices and newsletters to members on time. We cannot be held responsible for communication problems outside of our control such as internet or power failure.
No refunds will be given for event fees if a cancellation is received within seven (7) days of the event being held.
Members will be issued with an invoice on acceptance of their membership application or at the time their annual renewal is due. This invoice is payable to CJ’s Business Solutions within seven (7) days or the membership and all associated benefits including online and newsletter promotion may lapse.
Members will receive:
- Access to regular networking opportunities – no less than six per year in each of our designated branch areas
- Listing and promotion on the Women In Business Regional Network directory on our website
Discounted tickets to network events
- Opportunities to access discounts to some non-Women in Business Regional Network events
Invitations and access to functions offering training and guest speakers of relevance to them in their business journey
- Newsletter – no more than monthly, but more than quarterly, delivered to email inbox … and available online to members only
- Opportunities to link up and connect with other women in business (at various stages of their business journey) from other regional areas as the network grows.
- Access to a referral service whereby Women in Business Regional Network will endeavour to connect members to other members who can offer required services/products/opportunities/expertise.
- Membership to a closed Facebook page where free discussion can occur between members
The opportunity to display the Women In Business Regional Network logo in association with promotion of their business.
- Access to discounted advertising within the Women In Business Regional Network newsletter and website.
- Access to discounts for participation in any promotions undertaken by the Women in Business Regional Network eg if a Women’s Expo or awards program etc was conducted.
Members are expected to:
- Promote the Women in Business Regional Network to like-minded colleagues
- Actively contribute to assist others at networking functions and through the Facebook group (if you are a member of Facebook)
- Maintain the commercial confidentiality of anything discussed by members during networking and other events.
- Remain a subscriber to the Women in Business Regional Network newsletter for the duration of the membership period.
- Contribute regularly to the growth and development of the Women in Business Regional Network through participation in surveys and feedback forms/sessions.
- Abide by the rules of the closed Facebook group.
- At all times provide a role of encouragement to fellow members of the Women in Business Regional Network.
- Ensure the details listed in the membership records and on the Women in Business Regional Network directory are kept accurate.
- Notify the management of the Women in Business Regional Network of any concerns they have with regards to the running of the organisation and events.
Women in Business Regional Network will:
- Maintain the confidentiality of information received from members during networking functions.
- Not share contact names and contact details of members with a third party except where agreed to by the member.
- Deliver programs and benefits as promised in the “Members will receive” clause above.